15 July 2011

I've been out of the life for a while now...

I've been married for something like fourteen years now (and when I say something like 14, what I mean is 14 years and nearly one month), and I've had kids for 11 years, so I don't live the glamorous life of the single on the dating circuit. In fact, when I was single, I still didn't live the glamorous life of the single on the dating circuit.

However, a lot of people do live those lives -- at least the dating part of it -- and they like to blog about it. I mean, why not? It's a central part of being human.

I don't habitually read these blogs, but I do read them on occasion, at least the more well-written ones. I do read DC Blogs, which is a tremendous resource. And on DC Blogs I found a link to Date Me, DC! and a really, I think, important topic: Figuring out just what the hell "No" means. Apparently for some it's a difficult lesson.

To read some relatively popular blogs that have been around a while, "No" is more or less the start of negotiations. Not their preferred start, but still a start and not an ending. Those who disagree either "don't have game" or are "betas." Perhaps.

However, to read Date Me, DC!, it seems like some people might not find it much of a fun game.

No comments: