23 March 2006

Karma Police owe me one now.

So yesterday my bike got stolen. I had parked it around 19th and S probably a bit too close to the Secret Safeway. It was locked, but there you have it. I was using a crummy cable with a built in key lock and either the cable got cut or the lock got broken. Either way, I don't have a bike right now. This bike is my second to get stolen in 13 years of living in DC, so I guess I do all right for someone who uses a bike around town daily.

Since my bike is now either being used by someone else or stuck in a bush along Rock Creek Park, I walked to work today. It was a nice day for a walk, not too cold and very bright. It gave me a chance to listen to some music -- dug into the vault for Radiohead OK Computer -- although it's the first time I've walked a great distance in these shoes and now I have a raw spot on my achilles tendon.

At least I can look forward to going bike shopping later today.

4 comments:

mysterygirl! said...

Sorry about your bike. :( It sucks to have things stolen. I hope the thief gets knocked off your bike.

Unfortunately, I can't help but think of that great band name from Reality Bites: "Hey, that's my bike!" I'm always bringing down the level of discourse here.

Wicketywack said...

Unless you use a New York Lock, it's like having no lock at all.

m.a. said...

Aw man! Your bike! I'm gone for a couple of days and look was happens. I guess I have to go and kick someone's ass for you, huh?

cs said...

MA: thanks for the offer, but I already have a new bike and I'm relying on MG!'s curse to bring the shit down upon said thief's head.

LB: Like a fool I wasn't using my Ulock (onguard or bullguard or whatever -- not NY Lock), I was using my secondary cable lock, which I'm sure was sprung by a bent paper clip or something.

MG!: Thanks for cursing the thief. More than likely though my bike is in a pawnshop and he/she is on the pipe.