02 March 2006

Placeholder to better things, or cul-de-sac.

It's almost tournament time and the sad fact of the matter is that I've never been less motivated or less informed about the men's college basketball season. I haven't really paid attention at all this year; I couldn't name the top 5 except that I'm sure Duke would be there. Maybe UConn. I am aware that the university where I work is having an outstanding year, but to tell you the truth I didn't know that until two weeks ago.

I am not going to do well in the NCAA tourney pool this year.

But on to bigger and better things:

The weather has warmed up for today, and I thought to myself as I cruised to the final block to the hulking example of 1970's Brutalism that I call my office building that it's a wonderful thing to be able to ride my bike nearly all year round, nearly every day. Granted, these aren't distance rides and I'm not feeling cleansed or accomplished when I finish them, but do feel serene. Really, the mid-40's to mid-50's is the perfect range for my little gloves.

A final thought: Pavement's "Here" is a small slice of perfection.

4 comments:

m.a. said...

And you like Pavement? Awesome!

cs said...

Do I like Pavement? Jesus H. Christ on a popsicle stick, I drove to Cleveland once to go to a Pavement show at the Agora Ballroom.

DC Cookie said...

I would disagree. I believe the less informed or biased you are about the teams, the better your chances are of doing well.

Anonymous said...

"And the jokes they’re always bad
But they’re not as bad as this"

Huzzah!