05 January 2009

and now for something completely different.

I'm no fan of Ohio State, but boy did they get hosed in the Fiesta Bowl. In soccer, what McCoy was doing to draw roughing the passer penalties is called diving -- and it's penalized. Of course, it didn't help that OSU couldn't seem to stay onsides during Texas's no huddle drives, but what else do you expect from a program that has one of the poorest graduation rates in the country?

I'm also not a fan of this rugby-style punting that Texas practices. I'm guessing you could argue that as soon as the punter makes that lateral move, he becomes a runner, and all roughing the kicker bets are off.

I don't think I'd like to be in either the Texas or the Ohio State bands. OSU's band-its look like extras from the ROTC scenes in Animal House, and Texas's band outfits are just plain stupid...I'd say they were like a child's Halloween cowboy costume, but most of those look better.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't say that I have any interest in football, but I'm glad I came across you and your blog!

cs said...

Anna: Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I'm no fan of Ohio State either.
I'm no fan of rugby-style punting either.
I don't think I'd like to be in either the Texas or Ohio State bands either.

We have so much in common we could be twins.