30 August 2005

Appreciate every wise saying and clever invention.

Last night the family was out to dinner. Dessert time came around and we ordered our son chocolate mousse, which he loves. This particular one came with strawberries as a garnish. Our son does not eat strawberries. I ate the strawberries and he told me -- again -- how he did not like strawberries. I told him that I liked them. A lot. Then he came up with this gem:

"Maybe some day I'll take your brain out and switch it with my brain -- maybe we can get a saw and cut our heads open and then I can take your brain out and put it in my head and I can put my brain in your head -- and then you won't like strawberries."

Aside from the sheer brilliance of his plan (which I'm almost positive he got from a Calvin and Hobbes strip), it got me thinking. What if I could take my 36 year old brain and stick it inside a 5 year old? Sure, it's the stuff of Freaky Friday and countless bad "brain switch" sci-fi movies, but good god, it just might work....

At that moment, my wife hid the hacksaw. Like drawing a schematic diagram meant I was really going to do it.

1 comment:

Crazy Girl City said...

Kids really do say the cutest things.