15 November 2005

It'll be just like that movie Cocoon.

So there's this new study out claiming that daily exercise can add "up to 4 years" to your life. Four years? That's it? I want to outlive my donut-munching, soda-quaffing, tv-watching, lardass neighbors by 10 to 15 years, not 4. It hardly seems like time to gloat.
People who engaged in moderate activity -- the equivalent of walking for 30 minutes a day for five days a week -- lived about 1.3 to 1.5 years longer than those who were less active. Those who took on more intense exercise -- the equivalent of running half an hour a day five days every week -- extended their lives by about 3.5 to 3.7 years, the researchers found.

The good news is you only have to run 2.5 hours a week to see the benefits. That's only about 2.5 more hours a week than I currently run, so I'm almost there.

4 comments:

Washington Cube said...

Go crazy. Have another scoop of cottage cheese.

m.a. said...

I had a donut on Sunday night. You're going to outlive me. Enjoy the time!
2.5 hours a week? How does that translate to elliptical machine?

Anonymous said...

Yeah but it will be 4 years of pissing my pants and constantly complaining that people are overcharging me. I'll trade few kirspy kremes now for 4 years then.

Wicketywack said...

I ain't running unless someone's chasing me.