07 November 2005

This will probably bore all three of my readers.

First, a view of the game. It's opening kickoff, the last time Wisconsin would see the game tied...


After the game we headed to the Creamery, where $2.10 (tax included) will buy you this (and that's my hand, not my son's little hand):

Two dollars and ten cents, tax included, OK? And it's made right there. What you see in my hand is a little number called "Apple Cobbler Crunch." I chose it over the "Peachy Paterno," which I must add is very good.

No trip would be complete without an attempt to steal student mail. You never know when parents are going to send a cash infusion. He uses the stick as a diversion tactic.


Rifling through several hundred mailboxes helps you workup an appetite, so we had to eat some pizza and watch the very satisfying stomping of Virginia Tech. While it's true I hate Miami, I can't fathom why Va Tech was ranked above #5 ever. They're the UCLA of the East. I didn't take a photo of us eating, but after the meal we wandered out to the intramural athletic fields where we parked our car and took one last photo with the stadium in the background.


11 comments:

Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

I have prosecuted kids for less. Have you looked into a criminal diversion program or ethics class for junior yet?

Kristiana said...

baseball..er...rugby? boring!
obsene scoops of icecream? titillating!
crime? thrilling!

Wicketywack said...

Don't know what you're talking about.

As Reader Number Three, I'd like to say that that post was plenty fine.

m.a. said...

I like the last picture. And the picture of the icecream.

DC Cookie said...

Boredom? No way! I would say gratuitous random photography is a draw!!

The Captain said...

Hey man, I was at that game too. My third one of the year, I was at the Central Florida and Ohio State games as well.

Looks like you had better seats than we did. We were in the dead last row, upper deck, of the south end zone, the end zone Wisconsin actually scored in. We were right underneath the giant scoreboard.

We also went to the creamery afterwards. It's possible I was behind you in line. Small world.

The Captain said...

Oh wait, upon studying your picture, I can see the Wisconsin fan section. I was much higher than you, and off to your right, under the scoreboard. If you happened to look up that way, I was the only one standing up in my section for the entire game.

cs said...

Captain: 3 games? That's pretty good. I got up to two. As soon as PSU stopped Wisconsin's last drive, we were out of our seats and off to the Creamery to beat the lines.

LB, MA, and Cookie: Thanks for the encouragement.

Asia: Just so you know PSU stands for Penn State and not Portland State.

Patrick J: Keep your nose to the grindstone, friend. You still have work to do.

Washington Cube said...

Not boring at all, and it looks like you had a great day. I love the little faces you drew on the blurred out photograph.

Cupcakegrrl said...

So how much money did you actually steal from the student mailboxes?

At least $2.10, presumably, to get the ice cream.

Asian Mistress said...

The PSU creamery is pretty cool...it's all about the science of ice cream! Can't beat that!