06 December 2005

Most productive four hours in recent memory.

Today I got panicked and decided I needed to do some Christmas shopping before I found myself at some mall frantically looking through stacks of sweaters and Hickory Farms gift packages.

I rushed my son home from school and we headed down to the Hirshhorn for a little gift-hunting. Luckily, we got there at 4:45 and they didn't close until 5:30, so we squeezed a little museuming in. My son was transfixed by the Hiraki Sawa films in the Hirshhorn's "Black Box." He loved the little airplanes that took off by themselves.

After locating a few gifts in the frenzied ten minutes before closing, we headed up to Busboys and Poets for some dinner. I can't say enough good things about the pizza. I've complained about their alcohol prices before, so I won't go into it here, but let me tell you that $7.95 for a plate of 6 mediocre sized wings is bullshit. The menu said "jumbo wings" but I think they were plucked off a few cornish hens.

All that and we got home in time to see the Charlie Brown Christmas...as Ice Cube said, "today was a good day."

5 comments:

Washington Cube said...

Glad to know others are out there enjoying the moment. People get so crazed and forget the small stuff...like pizza and Charlie Brown Christmas.

m.a. said...

And you got to go to the hirshhorn? I was there on Saturday. What a lucky kid! (both of you!)

Cupcakegrrl said...

I love the Charlie Brown Christmas. My favorite part is when the pine needles fall and it makes that tinkling sound and they pause to look at them on the ground.

That's a moment of Zen.

I used to love shopping at the Library of Congress gift shop. Very cool stuff.

Hey! Are we doing blogger Secret Santa? We could all right blogs for each other.

Cupcakegrrl said...

That was meant to be "write" blogs, obviously.

Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

Charlie Brown needs to come into the 21st century and get on some anti-depressants.