03 December 2005

Weekend Update for all the groupies.

It's been a very busy weekend. Friends from NYC in town on Friday. Tree sale Saturday and Sunday. Workplace holiday party Saturday night. Now my son insists we put up our fake tree tomorrow night. I don't know if I have the energy for that.

The tree sale to benefit my son's elementary school went very well today but it sure was cold in the morning and in the late afternoon. We sold almost all our short trees, but there are plenty left for all the latecomers.


Free delivery on all trees if you live in the neighborhood (meaning no further north than Adams Morgan and no further east than Logan Circle). Dupont Italian Kitchen, 17th and R NW, has graciously donated the space for the tree sale. ALL money above cost of the trees goes to the school.

After a hard day of work, it was time to celebrate with some Select. Safeway Select.




Now it's just time to go to sleep.

8 comments:

Crazy Girl City said...

Sleep. Yum. I've had exactly 7.5 hours of sleep over the past 50 hours.

Cupcakegrrl said...

I was wondering about the tree sale. Today I drove around the block several times rather than taking an available space near a Christmas tree stand. I figured people loading trees would need that space.

Did you smell like pine all day? I love that.

Anonymous said...

Mass,
You are sooooo cool. Some people just have it. And others try to mimic it but it never works. I don't know you brother, but I recognize you. The lights are blaing from you - beacon in the concrete jungle - a true HUMAN BEING.
I had ashitty day, I'm broke and everything is fallng apart. Still there is so much beauty...thank you.

cs said...

Anon - thanks. I've had some crappy times in life when it seemed like the void stretched forever. It doesn't.

Cupcake - you need a tree for your house. What's a tree go for in Jersey City?

Crazy - I can't do the sleep deprivation routine anymore, and I used to live on it. Now I just shut down.

m.a. said...

I was at the tree sale! The trees smelled so good. It looked like you sold out of them.

cs said...

We didn't. Did you come after 2:30 p.m. on Sunday? I wasn't there then, but I was there almost every other time...

We have lots of trees left, but thankfully fewer than the 313 we started with. I'm guessing we have around 90-110 trees for next weekend.

Miss Penny Lane said...

Nice way to spend the weekend. I wonder if Chase, The Chef, and Jamy, and I passed by you guys yesterday when we were going from one Bloody Mary spot to another...?

Cupcakegrrl said...

Sadly, I spent today packing my worldly goods and will be in Florida for much of December and Vermont for most of January. So I none of the Christmas decorations are coming out of the boxes at either of my houses.

But next year, if you do this again, I think it would be pretty funny to drive to DC to buy a tree. Even funnier if I drove that tree up to Vermont to set up. Like the salmon returning to spawn, that would be. Best if it were a live tree that I could re-plant in the forest.