28 February 2006

Time and distance are out of place here.

Today and yesterday I understand the limits of my bicycle gloves. They're great wind-breakers, probably really useful down to about 42 degrees, and I like them because they're thin. Therein, of course, lies the problem. In cold temperatures -- and especially yesterday -- they probably give as much insulation as a paper bag. Yesterday I pretty much had to pry my fingers from the handlebars and work on uncurling each one from its frozen position. Fortunately none of them have fallen off, so I guess I avoided frostbite.

I guess I have nothing else to say.

6 comments:

Blue Dog Art said...

At least you can still type with those frozen fingers. Wrap them around a nice mug full of something warm.

m.a. said...

Please be careful. It has been really too damned cold around here.

Washington Cube said...

Time for consumption of hot infusions.

Cupcakegrrl said...

There's a poem in there somewhere.

I dare you. Repost as a poem.

Actually, have you ever posted poetry? I'm guessing you'd do all right. (And I'm ruthless in critiquing poetry, but I'd lay good odds for yours being darned decent.

MA, second me on this, will ya? Make him post as a poem.

DC Cookie said...

That's why Canadians ride snowmobiles in the winter - to avoid that exact problem...

m.a. said...

I will second cube. Another Mass poem would be awesome.

please? (said in a really nice squeaky voice).