- Smoking on the beach in 90 degree heat is simply ridiculous. You look like...well, you look like what you probably are. 'Nuff Said.
- Miniature golf is not cheap. And while many courses may look cool from the road, they actually suck to play.
- Tearing down low-lying mid-20th century motels and apartments and replacing them with tall ugly boxes with cubicle units is destroying the 1% of charm that Ocean City had left. I suppose that once you've tipped the scale in the direction of "trashy town" -- which Ocean City did sometime around 1983 -- you might as well go all the way.
- Tatoos have suffered the same fate as all trends. Pre-1990s, it was pretty much military and prison convicts who had them. During the mid to late 1990's, the indie kids, a few grad school friends, and most baristas got into the act. Now everyone has them. They are no longer edgy or hip...they are passe. They have been for a few years now, but this summer I've noticed just how omnipresent they are among all sectors of society.
- You still can't beat Thrasher fries.
31 July 2006
Notes from the weekend.
I was down in Ocean City this weekend. A few observations: