17 May 2007

Tomorrow is bike to work day.

In celebration of bike to work day, I'm going to bike to work...like I do every day.

Seriously, if you live in the city and you don't own a bike you are missing out on one of the quickest ways to get around: no parking hassles, no sitting in traffic jams, no waiting for yet another delinquent L2 bus.

Sure you have to wear a helmet unless you have a deathwish, many motorists are less than happy to accomodate you on the road, and occasionally some asshole steals your bike or tries to, but bicycling is environmentally friendly, good exercise, and generally convenient.

3 comments:

m.a. said...

I'd do it if I didn't have to bike out of the city... :)

cs said...

You're exempted, then. But for intracity commuting it's still the best.

Reya Mellicker said...

I love my bike, too. M.A. takes the Metro, which counts as environmentally friendly.

Some day I'll tell you why I don't wear a helmet. (BTW I do NOT have a death wish.)