06 January 2006

Taking extra work to the office.

These last two days have been unofficial "take your daughter to work days" and it's been interesting trying to navigate my various duties with a 9 month old child. On most days, I don't really have an excuse for not doing anything. Luckily, she provides a great excuse for not getting anything done.

Yesterday I brought a bunch of her toys and a big blanket for her to sit on. She wasn't very happy. Today I brought the same things, but supplemented with an empty cookie tin in the office. She loves it. That and small plastic cups.

Still, it's almost a guarantee that among all of the "she's so cute" comments, you will get at least one jokester who makes a remark about "[insert occupation] getting younger all the time." Sometimes they're funny and sometimes they're worn out. We recycle humor all the time, from poop jokes to secret tapings. It's all in the twist.

Note for the future: staplers are not good toys. Neither are staple removers. Also, turn off paper shredder.

2 comments:

Jessamyn said...

hahaha i remember my daddy used to take me to work with him a few times a year ever since i was a baby - of course all the same people work in the same office and now when i visit him no one can believe he has a 24 year old daughter.

DC Cookie said...

I remember going in to the office some weekends with Dad when I was a bit older. He'd set me up at his assistant's desk, give me some blank paper and a typewriter which would amuse me for hours. Sad...