22 September 2006

Democrats are morons.

Sure they probably think it's politically expedient to condemn Hugo Chavez for telling the truth about Bush at the UN earlier this week, but the Democrats are tripping over themselves in their rush to defend the worst President ever and showing once again why they lost the House and Senate and failed to displace an utter empty shell of a man from the Oval Office in 2004.

So they may not like the fact that the message came from a one-time coup leader and current elected -- yes, elected -- president of a foreign country, but there's no sense in looking like a bunch of idiots when even the members of his own party aren't exactly running out there to complain about it. Nancy Pelosi, so-called leader of the House Democrats, opined that Chavez was nothing but "an everyday thug." You'd wish she'd be that blunt in her criticism of Bush, who unlike Chavez did not win a large majority of the vote and whose policies have undoubtedly led to increased global tension.

Chavez may have a bit of a bone to pick here, since he overcame the US backed coup in his country in 2002. In my book, backing a coup against a foreign leader is a bit more greasy and underhanded than coming to the United Nations and insulting a foreign leader. In fact, I'd say that supporting a coup against a democratically elected leader is a better example of thuggish behavior than making a speech in the UN.

I long for the days of an oppositional party in the US.

2 comments:

m.a. said...

me too, sir. Me too.

Kristiana said...

I agree. The Democratic Party keeps calling me to volunteer but I just cant bring myself to do it. I am not a Democrat, even though I might vote that way sometimes, and in light of this kind of pathetic, apologist behavior, I dont want to be one.