10 September 2006

This Weekend, Good and Bad

OK. The bad first. Notre Dame made PSU look like a Big East team. It was ugly. When the score hit 41-3 I couldn't bear to watch anymore, and I swear that if I weren't trying to get some dissertation writing done I would have found a bottle of bourbon and crawled into a closet somewhere and slowly sipped my way to oblivion.

That of course brings me to the good news: I managed to write something like ten pages this weekend. What's more amazing is that the weekend isn't over yet and if I weren't breaking for lunch, I'd be writing now. I can almost smell the end, just like I could smell the nasty breath of that fatass Charlie Weis through the television yesterday. Really, is it possible to wear an outfit less flattering than what Weis consistently wears? Jesus, wear some pants that don't make you look like you're hiding an overloaded Depends beneath your belt.

1 comment:

Blue Dog Art said...

Oh God, it was ugly. We had to quit watching too. We are headed to Happy Valley for the game this weekend. It will be the first for our little ones.