02 September 2006

Happy Valley Deluge.

It has been raining up here for a steady 24 hours and it's a cold
bone-chilling rain. Scalpers are trying to unload their tickets for $25
or less. The various Penn State clothing stores downtown have sold out
of all raingear and many students are walking around in garbage bags
with holes poked through for their heads and arms.

My son's enthusiasm to be at the game has dampened somewhat.

However, we're still outside the stadium waiting for a friend before
heading in. It should be interesting to see what the teams do in these
conditions. It should also be interesting to see how long my son lasts
in the rain before we have to leave.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took my kids to a Nationals game in July to see Mr. Barry Bonds and you might be surprised how much little ones like live sporting events. Cheers

m.a. said...

Looks like it was a good game! Woohoo!

Blue Dog Art said...

My brother had our tickets for the game Saturday. I was quite happy to watch it from my dry living room. I hope your son had fun despite the rain. Bring on Notre Dame!!! My brother is headed to South Bend for the game and then we are taking our boys to the game with YSU. I can't believe they are playing YSU.

damiansinc said...

Made it through the whole game in the rain. My wife and I stuck it out. Even through all the unnecessary time outs by Akron.