12 September 2006

My musical tastes are now novely acts.

Since I'm so old, I can remember buying the Jane's Addiction albums when they were new. Damn that was a good band.

Too bad they flamed out. I'm thinking about Jane's Addiction today because MSN.com had a photo of Dave Navarro up there and I thought, yeah it looked good on Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Carribean, but on you it just looks weird.


Of course, part of being a rock star is getting to do things that would have gotten you locked up or beaten up or left you jobless if you weren't.

Twenty years ago, being the host of a "reality show" would have been the equivalent of guest-starring on the Love Boat: your career was in tatters and the next stop was obscurity. It's the same now, except that some people mistake that tiny fizzle before the candle burns out for a rebirth of flame.

No comments: