25 September 2005

Did I miss a Memo?

You know the memo. The memo that stated that blogger photos would suck ass and not fucking work? That one. Because I've been trying to upload images all weekend and it looks like it's working, it lets me pick the image out, lets me hit the upload button, then it slams the door with some blank screen and no image linked on the draft page.

I never understood Rock Creek Rambler when he laid into blogger.com, but now I see clearly.

Let me tell you the September 24 antiwar rally was great (it could have been better if every single person left of center with an agenda didn't show up to promote it -- as I used to tell my eighth graders, "stay on task, folks"), and the icing was that a few hundred showed up for a pro-war rally Sunday. I'm hoping the military recruiters were there looking to sign up those eager beavers.

Among my favorite comments from those who failed logic 101:
"Our troops are over there fighting for our rights, and if she was in one of
those countries she would not be able to do that," Vigna said.

Point #1: we aren't in "one of those countries"
Point #2: you are suggesting that because she has the right to protest she should be thankful and not exercise the right? what sort of right is it when you aren't allowed to use it?
Point #3: troops in Iraq are hardly fighting for our rights in America, unless you still believe the thoroughly discredited lies George Bush, Colin Powell, Dick Cheney, Condaleeza Rice, and Donny Rumsfeld foisted upon the American people. If you're looking for traitors, start there with the folks who cooked the books.

It may take a few more years to get the US out of Iraq. It may never come to pass that Bush is impeached for his abuse of power -- a high crime and misdemeanor if ever there were one. History will not look kindly upon a legislature that saw fit to impeach a President over an extramarital affair yet sat idly by while thousands of Americans died for one man's blind hubris.

2 comments:

Miss Penny Lane said...

We had trouble with the photos all weekend, too. We thought it was my computer, but I am glad to hear I can stop blaming her and she can stop crying...

cs said...

I wrote to blogger and I expect an answer from them sometime next year. Hold on.