19 September 2005

Paring Down.

I took a look over my blogroll this weekend. It's not a long one, but now I'm noticing that several on the list seem to have gone dormant or their authors have moved. It's time to cut a bit closer to the bone.

On a related note, in a random musing, Rock Creek Rambler describes his disenchantment with blogging. For my part, I hope he pulls through because his stuff is a must read. Then again, as the Rambler says, there's no real answer sometimes to the question, "Why do you blog?"

I started blogging to say things that had no clear alternative outlet. And while I haven't been terribly personal or revealing, there's a certain aspect of the confessional in the act of blogging, except the faceless priest on the other side of the curtain could be anyone anywhere. I'm not going for high stakes in my blogging: not trying to set the tone for the DC cultural scene or even pretend that what I'm saying always (or even usually) has any interest to anyone outside of maybe a half dozen people. Tilting at windmills perhaps.

I do not blog for popularity. Thankfully, or I'd be one disappointed shit. Of course I enjoy it when people comment, but I don't count on it.

I plan to use street theater to accomplish my goals.

4 comments:

Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

Can I join your street troupe ( I always wanted to learn how to Mime)because if we hold our breath for comments surely we are both blue in the face! ;)

cs said...

True true. If it weren't for each other, we'd probably lose half our comments.

But no worries here. As Nietzsche said, some men are born posthumously ;-)

Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

so what you are saying is that George Bush is a zombie?

Cupcakegrrl said...

Mass, I have to tell you that I think there are too few mimes in the world. Dare I hope that your street theatre might be of that illustrious ilk?