20 September 2005

Face Off!

Once the stuff of crummy movies, medical researchers are apparently working on transplanting faces (which reminds me of the old quip, "Want to lose ten pounds of ugly fat real fast?...Cut your head off. Ho ho. haha).

Obviously, this type of surgery would have useful applications, such as aiding burn victims or people who have submerged their faces in vats of acid. However, pessimist that I am, I can see this procedure being abused by all sorts of people who refuse to age gracefully. Sure, right now there's only a 50% chance of success and the patient must take anti-rejection drugs for life, but once those obstacles are overcome, it's goodbye rhinoplasty, hello face transplant.

3 comments:

Kathryn Is So Over said...

I immediately thought of Face-Off when I saw the article. You take it to the next level, though. Love that you go after the male plastic surgery addicts. Donatella would have been too easy a target.

cs said...

I was too lazy to find a photo of Regis Philbin. Joan Rivers was too easy.

Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

how about John Roberts, a friend insists that he is a blatant botox user