08 October 2007

Literary Conundrum.

How often does this happen? Last week I wrote about upcoming author event with Richard Russo at Politics and Prose. A great opportunity to see one of my favorite writers doesn't come by every day, now does it? So it's Wednesday night, October 10, at 7 p.m.

Then, this weekend, a friend of mine calls me up to tell me his brother, a writer by the name Brock Clarke, is going to be in town this coming week on a book tour at Olsson's in Dupont Circle. I went to his last book tour at Chapters Books, back when Chapters was on K Street. His work is darkly and dryly humorous, and like Russo, he catalogs the absurdities of our daily lives in small towns (as opposed to the absurdities of our daily lives in cities...). When's he going to be in town, you ask? Oh, Wednesday, October 10, at 7 p.m.

What the hell?

1 comment:

m.a. said...

When it rains, it pours, buddy. :)