25 October 2007

Not gone, just missing.

Friends. Dear internet imaginary friends. Dear ghosts.

From Sunday until today I have been unusually sick. I have been to the doctors and the doctors (OK, to be accurate one doctor, one med student, one nurse, one radiation technician, and one lab tech who took blood) have told me it's some sort of viral infection. Get plenty of fluids. Get plenty of rest. Which I did. Normally, on sick days I can get plenty of my own stuff done -- read books, finish petty paperwork, straighten up the house, run errands -- but not this time around. About the only productive thing I managed to do for most of the time was watch one movie -- Almodovar's The Flower of My Secret -- and it was a nice diversion, so thank you NetFlix.

Yesterday I was still feeling ill, but by afternoon had recovered enough to get interested in this dusty stack of metal and wood and plastic in my basement. I hadn't messed with the guitars in a while, and in fact I'd forgotten just how damned beautiful the bass guitar that I've owned for twenty years is. So I took a picture of it. Check it out.


The picture really doesn't do it justice. It's a beautiful birdseye maple and quite solid. It's not for sale.

6 comments:

Grad School Reject said...

Cuff - Sorry your sick. Anytime a person with kids gets really sick I get nervous because I figure after a year with kids a parent should be immune to just about anything. I guess what I am saying is that you can take comfort in the fact that while this viral infection made you ill, it would have assuredly killed me.

Also - B.C. goes down like a ton of bricks vs. V.T. Agreed?

cs said...

You have to be kidding me. VTech is going to find out what happens when you play a team with a winning record. Dig on VTech's wins: E.Carolina, Ohio (not Ohio State), William and Mary (!?), UNC, Clemson, and Duke. Only Clemson is respectable. The only time they played a good team they were taken to the woodshed, 48-7 by LSU.

Kristiana said...

I hope you feel better soon!

m.a. said...

*GLARRRCCCGGGGHHH*

I'm making that noise that Homer Simpson makes when he sees donuts.

I LOVE that guitar.

I LOVE IT!!!!!

Grad School Reject said...

I looked like a damn psychic for 58 minutes of that game....

cs said...

Asia - I'm feeling much better, thanks, and it's great to hear from the Pacific Northwest!

MA - Thanks. I think in the next few days I'll probably post a picture or two of another guitar as well.

GSR - You had a good read on that game. I had no idea the VT defense was so tough.