12 July 2005

DC in July is so wonderful. The air hardly moves to get out of your way as you walk down the street, and even when you're really really careful you're always on the edge of sweaty. And of course there are all the tourists, but let's face it: without tourists, DC would be like Baltimore, or maybe worse.

Last night we had to run some errands out in Virginia and on the way home, we stopped at a grocery store. It was 9:00 p.m. We go in the grocery store, and it's blasting the air conditioning. Up the produce aisle, down the refrigerated area, etc etc. Finally hit the checkout and get through all that. 9:30 p.m. Head back out to the parking lot. The second the door opens it's a blast of hot air like you opened up the oven to see how the pizza was doing.

I've lived here for 12 years and I'm still bitching about the summer weather.

Meanwhile, Catciao is continuing a full court press on Karl Rove. Excellent work, I say.

CPMC is showing gratuitous cleavage.

Rock Creek Rambler is still in Mexico.

So that's all the namechecking I'm going to do, because it'll get even lamer if I simply run down a list like this...

Until I write again, I offer you a chance at redemption.

1 comment:

Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

Yes, the CPMC gratuitous cleavage caught my eye the second time around...who knew what lovliness lurked under DC Girl's blouse?