21 July 2005

Thursday is the new -- oh wait I have kids -- still Thursday

So there were some explosions on London mass transit again today, but this time they were minor and caused only a few injuries. Still, it seems an indication it could happen relatively soon again. I wonder if the folks at Fox News are chortling gleefully like they did last time.

Here in DC, it's hot. Anyone else notice? For the past two weeks I've been taking my son to camp in the Glover Park area from Adams Morgan. I go over Q Street bridge and then begin the long climb up the hill to the Burleith/Glover Park area. On one hand, it's a nice workout for me and I need it, believe me. On the other hand, I go straight to work afterwards. As I'm rushing down Wisconsin, I feel an overwhelming urge to chuck work and just ride all day.

This morning I noticed his knees are now jammed up under my seat. He's really getting too big for the seat and I have two options: 1) by a trail-a-bike or 2) stop taking him on the bike. He isn't big enough to ride his own bike that distance (I am trying to wean him off training wheels though), and exercising option 2 means taking the bus, which I've done often, but there's no way riding the bus compares to riding the bike.

Today I also have to pick him up. That means I'll be climbing up Wisconsin in the afternoon. That should be a lot of fun.

3 comments:

cs said...

No. I don't do that.

Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

nice post. if this afternoon climb up Wisconsin Ave. becomes the norm I may have to start drinking and driving a little later in the day :(

cs said...

Catciao,
I just read that WashPost story about the cyclist who got killed by an allegedly impaired driver down near Indian Head...scary stuff.

The afternoon climb is over at least for two more weeks. Then it might be on again.