23 May 2006

Dream a little dream.

I generally don't remember much about my dreams, but here's a strange one I had last night, and it's only a small fragment -- it's all I remember: Rilo Kiley was a duo and the guitarist had been in Britney Spears's backing band and therefore was a millionaire from all the royalties from airplay of her songs. However, he left because he couldn't stand wasting guitar work on such vapid music.

There are several problems with this dream, of course. First, Rilo Kiley isn't a duo. Second, none of them is connected to Britney Spears, as far as I know. Third, it's highly doubtful that members of Britney Spears's backing bands receive much of anything in the way of royalties. Finally, I'm not even sure there's real guitar in Britney Spears's songs.

2 comments:

m.a. said...

I love Rilo Kiley and I'm not sure how Britney Spears infiltrated your dreams. Maybe because she's all over the new for nearly dropping her baby?

mysterygirl! said...

Do you fear that your smart, thoughtful life is being infiltrated by pop culture crap?

I don't know-- that was the best lofty dream analysis I could come up with. As long as Jenny Lewis was still singing, I bet this new band in your dream would be good.