10 June 2005

Five years ago yesterday my life changed forever.

My son turned five yesterday. At his school, we had cupcakes and he passed them out to all the students. He beamed with pride as they sang him "Happy Birthday." I felt so wonderful knowing that he felt comfortable and accepted in his classroom. Outside, he climbed a short fence and then jumped off, announcing, "See what I can do because I'm five!"

These are the little things that make sleepless nights and countless re-watchings of The Muppet Movie worth it. Not that there's anything wrong with The Muppet Movie; it's just that watching it seven times over a weekend might tire anyone.

Double-digit movie viewings:
Every Pixar film.
Wizard of Oz.
The Aristocats.
Kipper videos.
Thomas Tank Engine videos.
The Big Lebowski. (ok - that's not because of my kid)
Lilo and Stitch.
Mary Poppins.

So people out there don't think all we do for our kids is turn the TV on, let me say right now, we don't have cable. Therefore, if PBS isn't showing children's shows, a video is the only viewing option.

No comments: