02 June 2005

Back out of the Saddle

Had a bit of a relapse of the back injury, so when I went to see the doctor I was told to get off the bike for ten days. Walking or taking the bus is a great inconvenience, because walking makes my commute about 40 minutes and I can't take the bus so conveniently because I have to take my son to school first. However, since I'd much rather be able to walk straight in my later years -- or walk at all let's say -- I will follow the doctor's advice. Unfortunately, the doctor didn't refill my percocet. Maybe it's better that way. I don't want to end up like Rush Limbaugh, buying drugs in parking lots with paper bags full of cash.

My wings, indeed, have been clipped.

Speaking of prescription drugs, I took one of my muscle relaxants last night and I think it affected me all day. As far as I can tell, these things are just mislabelled sleeping pills. Knocked me right out, and I woke up groggy, stumbling down to the bathroom, and then stumbling right through the day.

Tomorrow is Friday. Be careful out there.

No comments: