26 October 2005

14 innings? Are you kidding me?

I fell asleep last night listening to the World Series on the radio. I'd watched up through inning 12 on the television, but couldn't stick it out anymore. Tucked securely under several layers, I set the radio to sleep and figured the game would be over before the radio cut off. I made it through the 13th inning, but when they went to commercial, I went to sleep. So I missed the 14th and the game-winning home run by Geoff Blum.

Turns out my radio did shut off before the game ended, but I was already asleep.

4 comments:

Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

It was awesome!

cs said...

Any wonder you didn't hand down any indictments today. Catching up on sleep.

Patrick J. Fitzgerald said...

I met with the judge for 45 minutes late today...I might extend this grand jury a little longer...

Washington Cube said...

I stayed up for it, but unless it's not the Red Sox or the Nationals, I'm not really interested...except from a historical standpoint...so many years since the last win, etc.