12 October 2005

Small Surprise and Time Shifts.

This morning people were handing out free tea at 23rd and I Streets, out front of the Foggy Bottom metro. I took a canister, expecting it to have 3 teabags or something, but I was surprised to find 20 tea bags inside. I may start drinking more tea. It may not have been a pearl, but it was a little bonus; a small, good thing on a gray day.

I got stuck in some kind of time vortex recently, and it caused me to lose a week, or to gain it perhaps. I'm not sure which. Even though I knew yesterday was October 11th, somehow I thought this coming Friday was October 21st. I made some very elaborate childcare plans around this very mistaken concept. The problem now becomes figuring out who's responsible for this slip in the time-space continuum. I'm leaning toward Lyndon LaRouche, but I'm not certain yet -- it could be others. I don't know if it's a general problem or if I was specifically targeted. At any rate, after a few days, I have counted dates on the calendars -- I used multiples in case the perpetrator(s) had doctored my personal calendar -- and indeed recognize that this Friday is the 14th and next Friday is the 21st.

Today is in fact October 12, 2005.

5 comments:

Washington Cube said...

Are you sure? Are you ABSOLUTELY sure?

:::trying to get Counter running to the calendar again:::

cs said...

I'm never sure. We live in uncertainty. As Clinton might say, depends on what "is" is. Or as Derrida might say, no name ever returns to the living.

Cupcakegrrl said...

It was during this week in 1582 that they jumped from the Julian Calendar to the Gregorian, jumping from October 4 (Julian) 1582 to October 15, 1582.

Perhaps, Mass, you experienced an echo in the ether-- some sort of Jungian cultural recurrence?

Or perhaps you just lost track of time. Either way, enjoy the tea. I've always said that one should never underestimate the restorative power of a cup of tea.

cs said...

Damn cupcake that is one interesting fact. I'm certain now that a vast image out of spiritus mundi has troubled my sight.

In some ways I'm closer to the truth, and I believe now it's either the masons or the illuminati behind it all.

Anonymous said...

It is not the Mason's nor the Illuminati, but Neil Sedaka's mom hoping for grandchildren and regretting she told him to shop around...