We must protect this house....yeah, right. Ralph Friedgen came in to Maryland, revitalized a moribund program, and promptly fell off the edge of the earth after a few years. Now they go down to a resurgent WVU program that under Rich Rodriguez has enjoyed a few very good years. I honestly don't know what the deal is with Maryland football, other than the fact that the ACC has traditionally been a basketball conference (which is why Bowden was so eager to get into the conference and pad his win totals).
But enough of the pre-weekend game. Let's talk Saturday.
1. USC v. 14 Nebraska. Ooh, this'll be a good one. USC wins, though.
2. LSU v. Middle Tennessee State. 3rd week in a row for LSU to play a cupcake team. They romp.
3. Oklahoma v. Utah State. Oklahoma in a rout.
4. WVU already beat Maryland.
5. Florida v. #22 Tennessee. I don't know how good Florida is, but I know Tennessee isn't. Florida wins by a few touchdowns. Let's say 20 points.
6. Texas v. UCF. Texas gets another shaky win.
7. Wisconsin v. Citadel. Are you kidding me? The Big Ten non-conference schedule is an embarrassment. Wisconsin thrashes Citadel.
8. Cal v. Louisiana Tech. Cal isn't Hawaii, and Cal will have this game well in hand by the half.
9. Louisville v. Kentucky. Neither team has any defense, but Louisville is bound for a fall. Kentucky wins this one.
10. Ohio State v. Washington. A tight game, but Ohio State's D is the difference. OSU wins.
11. UCLA v. Utah. UCLA already beat the only (halfway) decent team from Utah. UCLA wins.
12. PSU v. Buffalo. PSU wins a game versus an opponent they should be embarrassed to have scheduled.
13. Rutgers v. Norfolk State. Rutgers in a route against a team no one knew existed.
14. Nebraska v. #1 USC. USC wins.
15. Georgia Tech v. #21 BC. BC will win this game.
16. Arkansas v. Alabama. Please. Alabama wins this game easily.
17. South Carolina v. South Carolina State. South Carolina routs in state punching bag.
18. Virginia Tech v. Ohio. Va. Tech wins this game, but their offense will not impress.
19. Oregon v. Fresno State. I am taking Fresno State for the second week in a row.
20. Clemson v. Furman. Clemson in a kill.
21. BC v. #15 G-Tech. BC upsets Georgia Tech.
22. Tennessee v. #5 Florida. Florida wins big.
23. Georgia v. West Carolina. UGa wins. No surprise here.
24. Hawaii v. UNLV. Hawaii was unimpressive v. La. Tech; UNLV was impressive v. Wisconsin. I give this game to UNLV.
25. Texas A&M v. Louisiana-Monroe. A&M should have no problem putting away this tomato can.
Outside the top 25, people are talking about the Michigan v. Notre Dame game, since both schools have such storied, successful programs and both are 0-2 this year, which is seriously unheard of. And one will be 0-3 after Saturday. That one will be Notre Dame. The other unranked matchup in the Big 10 of interest is the Michigan State v. Pitt game; neither team has played anyone recognizable, but I give MSU the edge based on the home turf.