I thought I might try going against the "Las Vegas Line" on my picks this week for a change. I don't think I'll be doing it again, because it's a pain in the ass. These are spreads taken from espn.com as of Friday early a.m. So here goes nothing:
1. USC (-20.5) v. Washington. USC does not cover the spread.
2. LSU (-41) v. Tulane. LSU will cover.
3. Oklahoma (-23) v. Colorado. Oklahoma covers this spread.
4. Florida (-18) v. Auburn. Florida does not cover this spread.
5. WVU (-7) v. #18 South Florida. WVU covers this spread easily.
6. Cal v. #11 Oregon (-6). Oregon covers.
7. Texas (-14.5) v. Kansas State. Texas does not cover.
8. Ohio State (-24) v. Minnesota. Ohio State covers this spread.
9. Wisconsin (-7.5) v. Michigan State. Wisconsin covers.
10. Rutgers (-18.5) v. Maryland. Rutgers does not cover the spread.
11. See #6 above...
12. BC (-0) v. Mass. For some reason, ESPN doesn't have a line for this game...Oh well, BC crushes Mass by four touchdowns.
13. Clemson (-3) v. Georgia Tech. Clemson doesn't cover. Georgia Tech wins this game.
14. Kentucky (-24) v. Florida Atlantic. Kentucky covers.
15. Georgia (-15) v. Mississippi. Georgia covers.
16. South Carolina (-13.5) v. Mississippi State. South Carolina will cover.
17. Virginia Tech (-18.5) v. North Carolina. V-Tech does not cover.
18. See #5 above...
19. Hawaii (-25) v. Idaho. Hawaii covers.
20. Missouri is idle.
21. Penn State (-3) v. Illinois. Penn State covers.
22. Alabama (-0) v. Florida State. Surely that's a typo. Alabama will kill Florida State.
23. Arizona State (-14.5) v. Stanford. ASU covers the spread.
24. Cincinnati (-14.5) v. San Diego State. Cincinnati does not cover the spread.
25. Nebraska (-21) v. Iowa State. Nebraska does not cover the spread.
And no, I am not taking bets.